Here is the second exercise in my series for Easy Weight Loss called “Your Perfect Weight”
A lovely and relaxing one you use just before you drop off to sleep.
THE MAGIC MIRROR – EASY WEIGHT LOSS
1. Sit in a quiet place and close your eyes.
2. Imagine a beautiful staircase in front of you. There are ten stairs. Imagine the details; polished wood, cement, or maybe an oriental stair runner. Walk down the stairs while you count backwards from one to ten relaxing more with each step down.
3. At the bottom of the stairs is a room with doors leading to other rooms. Each door has a title over it: Great Wealth, Perfect Weight, etc. Go to the door with the title you want to create for yourself. Open the door and enter the room.
4. The room is comfortable and filled with all the items that make up the thing that you want for yourself. It feels so good to be in this space.
5. At the back of the room you notice a closet. The closet is filled with all the things you will wear when you become the way you want to be. Take out an article of clothing that represents the “New” you. Put on the clothing and walk over to the full-length mirror on the wall next to the closet.
This is a magic mirror. Do you see yourself? If not, find a picture of yourself in your mind or think of a picture of a person who represents what you want to be. Stick that image on the mirror.
6. Now notice the series of dials on the bottom of the mirror. Use these dials to make yourself look exactly the way you want to look. Adjust the “you” in the mirror until it fits your idea of how you want to be. Turn around and step backwards into the mirror. Feel the way it feels to be the new you. Once you have felt what it feels like to be the new you, step back out of the mirror. Easy weight loss!
If you missed the other steps, click here for the first exercise. For these tips and so much more read my book, “Be Alive in Five.”
©Christina Florence – August 2012
This year instead of telling yourself you should, need, have, or must resolve to change something, try one of my quick change exercises.
These are fun, easy exercises taken from my book “The Magic of Zero” and you can take them with you anywhere.
After a holiday season of the Christmas Cookie diet, let’s start with everyone’s favorite topic, weight loss.
The Magic Mirror:
Start by sitting comfortably where you won’t be disturbed, (yes, shut off the cell phone). Close your eyes. Take several deep, complete breaths and picture yourself going down a flight of stairs. At the bottom of the stairs picture a room with many doors. Each door has a sign above it. Go to the door with the sign that reads “My Perfect Weight”. Go through the door and find yourself in a beautiful room. In this room is a closet. In the closet you will find beautiful clothing that is exactly what you love and in the exact size you want to be. Take an outfit off the hangar and drape it over your arm. Turn around and see your reflection in the full length mirror. What do you see? Do you see your self the way you are? Do you see yourself at all? If you don’t like what you see, no matter, we are about to change it!
Along the bottom edge of this mirror are 4 knobs you can turn and one button that says “Save”. The first knob on your left will sharpen your image. Turn it and see your image become crystal clear. The next knob will make the colors brighter. The one in the middle will control the horizontal. Keep turning it until you see yourself at the size you want, then press the “Save” button.
The next 2 knobs control the background. Create a background the way you want it. Whatever makes you feel thin. Is it walking? Dancing? Eating well? Lets choose “Eating Well”. Turn the 4th knob and a table and chair appears in the background. The table is covered with luscious, vibrantly healthy foods. Vegetables, fish, grains, fruits.
Put on the clothes you have been holding and imagine yourself stepping into your new image in the mirror. Feel how it feels to be this thinner body. Take a seat at the table and begin eating. Savor the goodness of these healthy foods. Take your time. They really taste great. When you are finished eating stand up and go back through the mirror and into the room. Turn around and admire again the beautiful you you have created. Press “Save” one more time. Now leave the room, walk back up the stairs and into your life as the new thinner you.
Visualize yourself in the mirror everyday for 2 weeks. It takes to weeks to create a habit. Some people find that in 2 weeks they begin to associate themselves with eating better and being at the weight that they want. For people who have trouble visualizing a thinner self find a picture of the body you would like and paste a picture of your head on it. Place this picture where you can see it everyday.
For those who want other exercises, please see my book “The Magic of Zero” available at Amazon.
©Christina Florence – January 2008